HOW TO SHAVE YOUR FACE
It's a new day, and now is the perfect time to get ready and start something great. Learn how to shave in just a few simple steps.
Some things are nice to not have to overthink. Like shaving.
It's simple, we do it almost every day, and yet somehow it still inspires endless debate. So we took on the mental heavy lifting on behalf of men and came back with 5 steps. Inarguably simple.
- Wash your face. Use warm water for up to 3 minutes to remove dead skin – gross – and avoid nicks and cuts – good.
- Go for the gel. Shave gel helps prevent razor burn. Let it sit and soak in for a minute if you have sensitive skin.
- Use a multi-blade razor. You’ll get a smooth and incredibly close shave. The first blade not only cuts the hair, but it also lifts it out of the skin; the next blades cut progressively closer, enabling fewer strokes and leaving a closer shave with less irritation. Tip: if it feels like the blade is tugging at your skin, it might be time to change blades.
- Don’t press hard. A good razor does all the work. It’s normal not to feel the hairs being cut when you’re using a premium quality razor. And shave with the grain -- you can always Go Against the Grain at the end if your goal is an ultra-smooth shave.
- Finish strong. Rinse with cold water to close your pores, then splash on a moisturising after shave. It will make you feel great and smell even greater.
That’s it. Five steps, less than a minute to read. Now you can go perfect the next iconic guy thing, like how to carve a turkey. (Just don’t use a razor.)
Or check out our YouTube playlist if you want to master the finer points.